Hare Krishna Mahamantra
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Mantra is recommended by Vedic scriptures as topmost mantra (Mahamantra) . Why?Hare Krishna mantra is regarded as Mahamantra. Hare Krishna means addressing the God and his potency with love. The world ' Hare' refers to the internal potency of lord ,' Krishna' to God himself and 'Rama' to pleasure giving potency of Lord.It is not possible to water every leaves ,stem and other for the purpose of growth of tree but when watering is done in the root whole tree gets water and grows nicely. Similarly when Hare Krishna mahamantra is chanted regularly all spiritual benefits are automatically received. Thus it is more powerful than the combination of all other mantras. In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy , there is no powerful mantra to re-spiritualize ourselves by destroying all the iniquities other than Hare Krishna Mahamantra.
Scriptural Evidences of Hare Krishna Mahamantra
1. The Kali-santarana Upanishad, part of the Yajur Veda, states:
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare iti shodashakam namnam kali-kalmasha-nashanam natah parataropayah sarva-vedeshu drishyate
"The sixteen names of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra— Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare —destroy the iniquities of the Kali age. This is the ultimate conclusion of all the Vedas."
This was said by Brahma to Narada.Hare Krishna Mantra is said the only way in this age of quarrel and hypocracy for attaining perfection.
2. The Rama-tapani Upanishad (1.6) explains each of the names of the maha-mantra in the following way:
harati tri-vidham tapam janma-koti-shatodbhavam papam ca smaratam yasmat tasmad dharir iti smritaha
"The Lord is known as Hari because he takes away the sins—as well as the three types of suffering that result from them—of those who remember him. These are sins that are accumulated over millions of births."
krishir bhur-vacakah shab donash ca nirvriti-shucakahatayor aikyam param brahmakrishna ity abhidhiyate -"The root krish indicates supreme attractiveness; the suffix na points to ultimate joy. Thus, the name Krishna indicates the Supreme Brahman [spirit], who is the culmination of both attractiveness and joy."
ramante yogino 'nante satyanande chid-atmani iti rama-padenasau param brahmabhidhiyate -"Yogis, or those desiring to link with God, take pleasure in the Supreme Self who manifests as an absolute form of eternity, knowledge, and bliss. That same truth, known as the Parabrahman, is also called Rama."
3. All mantras and all processes for self-realization are compressed into the Hare Krishna maha-mantra. (Narada-pancaratra)
4. In this age there is no use in meditation, sacrifice and temple worship. Simply by chanting the holy name of Krishna--Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare--one can achieve perfect self-realization. (Vishnu Purana 6.2.17)
5. The self-realization which was achieved in the Satya yuga millennium by meditation, in the Treta yuga millennium by the performance of different sacrifices, and in the Dvapara millennium by worship of Lord Krishna [as the Deity in the temple], can be achieved in the age of Kali simply by chanting the holy names, Hare Krishna. (Bhag.12.3.52)
6. Chant the holy names, chant the holy names, chant the holy names. In this age of Kali [this present age of quarrel and hypocracy] without a doubt there is no other way, there is no other way, there is no other way. (Brihan-naradiya Purana 38.126)
Not only these , there are other evidences too. These are some of the major evidences found in Vedic scriptures. Some scriptures mention and prescribe Hare Krishna mantra in direct ways and some in indirect ways. Anyway,there are sufficient scriptural proofs for chanting Hare Krishna mahamantra in scriptures.
Not only scripturally but Hare Krishna Mahamantra has many scientific proofs. Sound Vibration of Hare Krishna is found beneficial for our mental and physical health in many ways. Anyone can feel peace in mind after chanting Hare Krishna Mahamanta. Hare Krishna Mahamantra can be proven in philosophical and historical background. Peoples . People who chant Hare Krishna Mahamanta have felt positive change in their life. It can be taken as one of the greatest proof for Hare Krishna Mahamantra.
Provided that offenses are avoided and authenticity of Hare Krishna Mahamantra is seriously accepted , chanting of Hare Krishna Mahamantra can be guaranteed. You also can test it in your life and you will find it working exactly in your life as well. There are no hard and fast rules for chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra. One can chant anytime, anywhere and in any circumstances. In fact, the Caitanya-caritamrta (Antya-lila, 20.18) describes that chanting the holy name at any time or place, even during sleep or while eating, brings one all perfection. However, there are different stages of chanting. The first stage of chanting is the offensive stage, the second stage is offenseless chanting, and then is the third or pure stage of chanting, which is when the chanting becomes extremely powerful. No other mantra is this much powerful nor prescribed by any scripture just like Hare Krishna mahamantra. Hence Hare Krishna Mahamantra is best of all.
Please Always Chant
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
And Be Happy!!!